Listen as Marcus, the founder & director of Project: AK-47, tells us about Donnie, a 14-year-old who is one of our most recently rescued children in Mexico, in this 4 min 41 sec interview.
As I interviewed him, we talked about several topics:
• A 14-yr-old with an alcoholic mother in prostitution, drug-addicted brothers and a deceased father (and how that's a typical situation for Mexican teenagers to be in)
• The brainwashing that cartel members experience
• The devastation that soldiering takes on a kid's emotional makeup
• Our rehabilitation center that facilitates kids exiting drug and cartel involvement
• The hope we have for these damaged children to become whole and passionate about helping others.
To listen to our entire session with Marcus, click here.
To partner with us in rescuing more children like Donnie in Mexico, contribute here.